Like a lot of people I have to get up super early to get to college which kinda sucks but not so much when I have quick food I can grab and eat on the bus so that I can stay in bed that little bit longer. I bring to you the healthy (ish) Vegan breakfast cookie. My quick, easy ,go to snack packed with a punch to help you through the daze of 7:00am bus rides.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of cut Walnuts
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of apple
Lets get on and do it…
- Add together your butter and both sugars into a bowl and cream together untill you have a smooth grainless mixture.
- Add the oats and plain flour into a bowl and mix, then addd in the baking soda and cut nuts.
- Grate the Apple and add to the dry ingrediets along with the vegan chocolate and Cinnamon
- Add the two mixtures together and mix untill the mixture forms a ball.
- Take out 1 Tablespoons worth of mixture at a time. Roll into a ball and place on a baking tray then squish with a fork till it is about 1cm thick
- Do this till you use all the mixture up
- Bake in the oven at 190° for 10-15 mins or untill they are a very pale brown
- Remove from the trays and leave to cool (I know it’s tempting but don’t try one just out of the oven you will burn your mouth.)
Don’t eat them all yourself. Invite your friends round to much or suprise that person that gets on the train with you and make their day. Or you could share them with your family if you are very kind. (I ate them all myself and I
woud not advisde that at all) but treat yourself. you’re worth it and you’re probably very tired being up so early or you don’t understand the cosept of breakfast and you’re eating it as a snack after lunch.